Here's the goal, wouldn't it be nice to have access to all the photos you take with your iPhone directly on your mac, so you can drag and drop, share, edit etc without having to transfer them from your phone to your computer? In essence your phone becomes a remote, wireless camera for your computer.
Here's how to do it.
1) make sure you have cloud enabled.
(at least the photo stream option enabled, here:
2) open your finder, and navigate to your pictures folder. on the navigation bar on the left.
3) right mouse click on "Photos Library" and select Show Package Contents.
4) double click on "Masters"
5) you will see a few folders with Years as name.
6) in the finder's search bar, enter "jpg" (without the double quotes).
7) select Search: "Masters" instead of "This mac"
8) Click on "save" Save As: "PhotoStream" and select "Add to Sidebar"
Now, every time you take an image on your phone, it will automatically be on your mac and directly accessible from your Finder (file system manager)